Pinterest is quite possibly the most fun of all the social media networks. It’s all about pinning the pretty images and letting the quotes that we love go to our hearts and laughing off the oh-so-unrealistic images that we see. It’s about finding new things to love from food, to DIYs, to dresses that we wish we owned and new blogs to read. So many of us spend a good amount of time on there, but sometimes it feels like there could be a million other things worth spending our time on than getting sucked into the Pinterest vortex.
I’m here to tell you that it’s not a waste of your time! Woohoo! If you’re a blogger or a creative business, spending time on Pinterest can actually be beneficial to you and your creative goals. But before you put your feet up and start pinning all the things, I have to let you know that there’s some work involved. Fun work, but work.
Pinterest is an often overlooked social media network when it comes to marketing. Many people use it for personal use, but don’t recognise how it could work for their blog or creative business. Not only is it a great traffic driver for blogs and creative businesses, it also helps you to build your profile in the area you want to be known for. It is one of the best social media tools for letting your personality shine through.
This short and sweet guide will help you to not only optimise your time spent on Pinterest and grow your following on the site (using the method I did to get my followers from 1000 in May, 2013 to over 19,000 by February, 2014) but it will also help you to optimise your blog or creative business so that it is more pinable.
What does it cover:
- Know Your Objectives – handy questions to ask yourself before focusing on Pinterest as a marketing and social tool
- Getting your Pinterest profile right – including verifying your account, choosing between a business account or a personal one
- Optimising your Blog or Website for Rich Pins – including what Rich Pins are and how you can get them for Blogs, Online Stores, Recipes and Movies
- Understanding How Hashtags Work – so that you can use them to your advantage
- How to Bring Value to Your Followers – and keep them following for a long time to come
- How to Focus on Complimentary Products – rather than worrying about competitors
- How to Design Pinable, Easily Searchable Images for your Blog – including titles, descriptions, file names and EXIF information
- How to Grow Your Pinterest Following – using the Pinterest Experiment I shared on Designing an MBA in an easier to follow format
This ebook is for creatives who are new to Pinterest as well as those who want to build on the following they already have.
“Dannielle is a wizard when it comes to Pinterest! Using her methods, I was able to go from 1500 to 4500 followers in a little over a month. I will surely be devouring her ebook to see how I can drive all those new followers back to my own site.”
– Megan Auman, Designing an MBA
“Went away for the weekend and came back to a crazy amount of Pinterest notifications from people repining my pins and following my boards. I seriously wouldn’t have believed it if I hadn’t seen it happen. Note for anyone just signing up to Pinterest or with no many pins, take the time to write your descriptions right the first time as it takes forever to changed them when you have 1000 plus! Thanks Dannielle!”
– Fiona Holmes, Imogen’s Angels
Format: PDF – Suitable for all operating systems and tablets including iPhone and iPad. Received via instant download through a link you will be emailed after going through the checkout process.
(File size: 8.91MB)
NO LONGER AVAILABLE
UPDATE: It states in the ebook that Pinterest is my fourth highest source of traffic – it was at the time of writing. It is now (6 April, 2014), and has been for some months, my number ONE driver of traffic to my site with one of my pins being repined over 20500 times in 3 months. I’m 11 months into my experiment and am nearing 23,000 followers.
Megan Auman (from Designing an MBA) and I have joined forces to create Practical Pinning, a four week, online course that will help you master Pinterest once and for all. We will help you create your own Pinterest strategy to grow your business.
Want to know more? View the details and sign up here. Starts May 5, 2014.
Disclaimer: Prices are in AUD. This product is offered in good faith. This is an ebook about Pinterest. I do not own or make claim to Pinterest. This ebook is based on my research as a user of the platform. All care has been taken for this to be correct as at time of publication. Some people will gain more from this than others. Liability is limited to purchase price.