The new year is well and truly here, and some of us are back to work whilst others are getting to soak up the sunshine just that little bit longer. I’ve been really looking forward to 2014 and what it may bring for me and Style for a Happy Home, though I’ll admit feeling a little bit unprepared when it finally did arrive. I’m hesitant to say that 2014 will be ‘this’ or it will be ‘that’, because I feel like there’s a huge change coming for my life, and I just don’t know what that is just yet. I do love the chance to sit down each Summer and have some fun thinking about my goals for the coming year, even when I’m feeling a little uncertain. Yay, lists!!
2013 was a huge year of change for me. Some parts I loved (including starting this blog) but other parts were a lot tougher than I anticipated. But it’s a new year now and new year’s have that magical feel to them that you can start afresh or continue with the bits you loved from the year before and you have the permission to let the other parts drop away. I love that magical feeling. This blog is still quite new, but I wanted to share some of the dreams and goals I have for it this year! I’m sure I will add many more things to this list as the year goes on, but here are just some of the things that I want to include.
Dreams and Goals for 2014:
- Have a fun Monthly Theme for every month of this year, including some that will really challenge me (in a good way ;))
- Remember to focus on celebrating the imperfections and letting laughter reign
- Have more kits, organisational tips, DIYs, and Mini Makeovers
- Share more books and fun things I come across
- Create digital content like e-courses or ebooks and more printables
- Build a community of people who are creating their own happy homes (and cherish that their happy homes will all look different, just like they should)
- Stick with Quality over Quantity and post on Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Make Pinterest Saturdays my every own 52 project and have something new for you to pin each Saturday
- Write the Monthly Email every month
- Learn more about video and continue to create a video each month (and hopefully get a little bit better at it each month)
- Build philanthropy into Style for a Happy Home
- Offer suggestions rather than ‘this is the only way’ and remember to share the projects that go pear shaped, or at least share how I saved them at just the last minute because what’s a good DIY without it nearly crumbling before your eyes ;)
- Take the good opportunities that are a good fit for the blog, but not get caught up in saying yes to the wrong things because it’s polite
- Build this blog into a sustainable business (or make it one stream for my business)
- Remember to have fun with the projects and the content and to just be me (yes, there will be more obscure pop culture references for you to watch out for – haha)
- and finally, trust my gut and not my recovering-perfectionist mind
This year will see Style for a Happy Home turn One (in June) and will hopefully live up to the word of the year I dreamed all those months ago and truly be ‘kick-ass’. I know it will be a year of trying and a little bit of wait and see, but no matter what’s in store I hope there will be more time to enjoy our happy homes (yours and mine) and more laughter that comes out of being in the moment. And making sure that whilst all the planning can make for smoother days, it’s worth putting down the phone or stepping away from the to-do list and dancing like no-one is watching and making the memories that you’ll talk about with friends and family for years to come.
Here’s to a ‘kick-ass’ 2014 to you and yours! I hope it’s one you’ll look back on fondly for years to come.
Is there anything you’d love to see more of this year? What’s one thing you’re looking forward to in your happy home this year? I’d love to hear about it!