There are school holidays happening around the country in my part of the world and an Easter long weekend starting tomorrow, so I thought it might be time to share another cool kit for those days where the “I’m bored”s are coming thick and fast. This is an easy one if you already have craft supplies scattered around the house, but is also easy to make with a trip to either the craft store, the stationery store or even the supermarket.
What to include:
- A Sketch Book for drawing and/or painting
- Washi Tape these are great for letting the kids design shapes and add colour and borders to their artwork
- Pre-Cut Shapes these are great for creating scenes and just general decorating and saves you cutting out the shapes for them
- Colouring Book, Markers and Coloured Pencils these are great for rainy days and just quiet time and you can get some cool colouring books for all different age groups now – not just under 5s
- Paints and Paint Brushes paints especially for children are easy to find and come in some great colours
- Colourful Paper you can go with solid colours or get some cute patterned ones like these from a scrapbooking collection
- Chalk great for letting them draw on the concrete outside or even on a chalkboard if you have one
- Cool Patterned Tape this pop tape is (apparently) removable and has tutorials on cute things like flowers you can make with it – great for older kids – beware some brands are duck tape and are not removable!
Other things you could also include:
- Art Smocks for painting
- Sticky Tape
- Butchers Paper by the roll
This is one of those kits that’s great to keep in the cupboard until you have a rainy day or just need some at-home activities to do. It helps to keep all the craft things in one place and also gives you somewhere to put them back when the activity is over. It will depend on the ages of your child/chlidren as to what you keep in the box, but I think this is a good place to get you thinking about what crafts are ones that you are happy with them trying out.
Whilst this one is designed with kids in mind, having one for yourself with your favourite crafty things in it is also a fun idea. I will be making one for when my family’s kiddos come to visit. For anyone looking for other kits for kids, you might also like this one.
What would you add to the quick craft supplies kit for kids?
In case you’re not around this weekend, Happy Easter to all who celebrate! I hope it’s a great weekend filled with some great memories in the making. x