Today we’re focusing on the joy that comes from treating ourselves as part of the 9 Fun Ways to Create a Happy Home series. It’s so easy to forget to celebrate life and the little things that we enjoy so much, so today I’m challenging you to think about ways you can treat yourself and actually go and do it!
Treat days have got to be one of the best inventions ever (and if it’s not an invention yet, It so is now!)! They’re quite simple really: you pick something that you LOVE to do, but rarely make the time for and go and do it. If you’re feeling extra adventurous, you can pool all your household, or your friend’s favourite things and make a day of it. Clear that schedule for a day and go and have some good, proper fun!
If you’re starting to worry about what you could include in your treat day here are some suggestions for you:
- Go to the best ice cream shop and have a double scoop of your very favourite ice cream/gelati/sorbet Personally, I love Lemon Sorbet from Cold Rock with a Wizz Fizz as my mixer ;)
- Go to the movies to see something that you really want to bonus points for popcorn
- Book a table at your favourite restaurant and order your favourite meal
- Go to the beach and get fish and chips on the way
- Go for a hike somewhere with stunning scenery and take a photo at the top
- Go out for pizza and a catch up with your favourite people
- Go to your favourite independent store and buy something you’ve been coveting
- Have a picnic in your favourite spot (even if it’s in your back yard)
- Get some bubbles to blow and laugh your heart out like a kid
- Book in at a day spa or hot springs and be pampered for the day
- Read a great book in the sunshine
- Do a DIY that you’ve been hanging out to try
- Go for a long run and enjoy the time out there
- Stay in and have homemade ice cream sundaes and let everyone choose their own toppings
They don’t have to be crazy expensive and lavish for you to consider them a treat. Just think about what it is that you love so much, but never seem to find the time to do. It will help you to recharge your batteries and feel much happier. Try to forget all the should-dos on the to-do list and just schedule in some time for you to do a little something that you love. Your treat day is for you to enjoy!
If you’re really struggling to make the time for it, try a couple of hours to have your treat. Try to leave all that’s left to be done at home as difficult as it can be, and just have some fun. Going out for ice cream or grabbing some of your favourite takeaway for dinner will not ruin what’s on your to-do list. Taking care of you will make things easier and a happier you is just so important.
So tell me, what’s on the top of your treat list? Or how would you spend your treat day? Tell me in the comments, I’d love to hear!
Note: Yesterday this blog turned 6 months old. Woo! I just wanted to say thank you so much for following along and supporting Style for a Happy Home through it’s first 6 months. I love this little space we’re creating and have some awesome things coming for you in the new year! Sending a fist bump (and the biggest smile I’ve got) your way. x