One of the best ways I’ve found to quickly give my happy home a boost, is to pop on some music and have a dance party. It seems a bit silly, but it’s making the effort to feel lighthearted and have a bit of fun can really turn a day from blah to great, and it doesn’t cost any money! One of the other great things about it is that you can get others to join in. Kids, roommates, partners. You don’t even have to be good at dancing for it to be fun.
Over the last year and a half, I’ve been sharing a happy home booster song with each of my newsletters, so today I thought I’d share some of my favourites for having a dance or a sing-a-long to, with you.
Songs to Boost Your Happy Home:
- Walking on Sunshine – Katrina and the Waves Listen/Watch Here
- Roam – The B-52s Listen/Watch Here
- I Love It – Hilltop Hoods Listen/Watch Here
- Happy – Pharrell Williams Listen/Watch Here
- My Life Would Suck Without You – Kelly Clarkson Listen/Watch Here
- A Praise Chorus – Jimmy Eat World Listen Here
- Shiny Happy People – R.E.M. Listen/Watch Here
- Raise Your Glass – P!nk Listen/Watch Here
- Call Me Maybe – Carly Rae Jepsen Listen/Watch Here
- Geronimo – Sheppard Listen/Watch Here
- Birdhouse in Your Soul – They Might Be Giants Listen/Watch Here
- My Friend – Groove Armada Listen/Watch Here
- Burn – Ellie Goulding Listen/Watch Here
- Video Killed the Radio Star – The Buggles Listen/Watch Here
- Australia – The Shins Listen/Watch Here
- Gimmie Sympathy – Metric Listen/Watch Here
- Bulletproof – La Roux Listen/Watch Here
- Chasing Cars – Snow Patrol Listen/Watch Here
These are just some of my favourites from my (eclectic) taste in music. But you can choose any songs that make you feel happy or are really good at turning a bad day around. Everyone loves a different kind of music, so it can be fun to let people pick and choose or you could even sit down together and create a playlist that you put on when you need some quick lighthearted fun!
What’s your favourite song to put on when you want to boost your mood? Share so we can all get more ideas!
Note: The Embracing Imperfection series is a fortnightly blog post series, every second Thursday, where I talk about creating a great, happy home for you and for me. One where we not only talk about embracing imperfection, but where we make steps to do it. Read more about it here.
P.S. Want some help to make your home feel happier with friendly folks to keep you company as you make it happen? The A Happier Home E-Course is coming this May to help you do just that! Pop over here for a sneak peek at what’s included and sign up to the newsletter to get a sweet $50 discount when registration opens on May 10 (this Sunday)!