Today I wanted to share with you another great kit to have in your home. This one is for those times you have guests coming to stay and you want to make them feel welcome! I’ve kept it simple so that you can transform a bedroom into a temporary guest room without too much effort on the day, if you don’t have a permanent guest room available in your home that you can keep like this most of the time.
What you’ll need:
- A Toiletries Kit including: deodorant, hand cream, shampoo, conditioner, shower gel (I got these in a ‘travel minis’ kit from Coles for $11.72), Shower Puff (also Coles $1.67), Toothbrush & Toothpaste – Your guest might bring their own, but they are great to have on hand in case they forget something. They look very welcoming too!
- Some Great Reads – If your guest is coming for a bit of a holiday break or for a while, they might like some chill out time with a good book. Leave them some of your favourites as a loan whilst they are visiting.
- Hot Chocolate Mix, a Mug & a Chocolate Treat – Nothing says “Welcome!!” to me quite like a hot chocolate you can make yourself any time you like, and the chocolate treat is just an extra bit of fun! (don’t leave the chocolate in a kit box to melt though!)
- Sheets (and Quilt Cover Set) – I love to have a good set or two of spare sheets and quilt cover sets if I can, but they are great for when the special guests come to visit too!
- Fresh Towels – It’s on my wish list to get a good set of guest towels, and to have them colour coded too. These Country Road ones are so nice – I must get some more soon.
- Charger and Playing Cards – If you run the same system as your guest it’s great to offer them a spare charger in case they forgot their own. The playing cards are great for when things are charging or jet lag has them awake at all hours!
- Notepad and a Pen – You never know when they might need to write something down or you want to leave them a quick note, so this is another great one to have in your kit
- Your WiFi Password – If your guest is staying for a while you might like to give them the wifi password to your home. This cute printable from here is great if you’d like to frame it. You could even use the glass like a write erase board and write it in whiteboard marker if you want to remove the password when they have gone.
I love the idea of having this ready for when you have guests come to stay. It just feels so welcoming and organised to me and it’s something that I’ll definitely be making for my home. It might be better in the linen cupboard rather than in a plastic tub, but it would be great to keep it all together, no matter where it fits in your home. If I was going to add anything else to the kit, it might be a vase for some flowers, or maybe an alarm clock if there wasn’t already one in the room.
It’s a great way to feel a bit more ready for guests for those of us who don’t have a dedicated guest room and might have to move things (and possibly people) around when someone comes to stay. I just love the little extras like the toiletries kit and the mug and chocolates too. It doesn’t cost a whole heap and they could always be used for your self too. If you don’t have guests too often, I wouldn’t buy anything that might perish too soon. They can always be picked up in the weeks and days before they arrive.
Do you have something like this in your home? What would you add? Tell me in the comments, I’d love to hear!