Easter has come around quickly this year, so I thought I’d share an easy, fun idea that you can either make yourself or as something you can do with kids. These bunny gift tags come together quite quickly and are super fun to decorate! Here’s how to make them.
What you’ll need:
- Grey Cardstock – I chose a 12″ x 12″ piece from Spotlight that is approximately 210gsm with a linen feel
- Bunny Template – Get this one here
- Utility Knife – for cutting around the template
- Coloured Pencils – for drawing on the bunny faces. I used Black, Peach and White
- Hole Punch – for making them hanging tags
- Optional: Cutting Mat – for using with the utility knife
- Start by preparing your area and getting all your materials ready. Place the grey cardstock on the cutting mat (if you’re using one) and place the template over so the top left corners sit one over the other.
- Cut out the outline of the bunnies and move the template over so that you get the final three bunnies if also using 12″ x 12″ cardstock and not A4. Note: the template also has a small triangle you can cut to separate the bunny ears, but I chose not to cut them. If you want to use them, cut them before the outline.
- Now it’s time to add the bunny faces! Get your pencil colours of choice and make their faces on all 12.
- I used black for the eyes, peach for the nose and white for the whiskers.
- Next up, get your hole punch and make a hole in the left ear.
- Repeat for all bunnies!
- Flip the bunny gift tags over and write a message on the back for your gift recipients
- Add them to your Easter gifts with some ribbon and you’re ready to give them out!
Thoughts on the project:
These were super fun to make and came together pretty quickly! I really enjoyed drawing their little faces on and can’t wait to make up some more Easter goodies to give out! This is one where you could cut them out and let the kids decorate them and address them to their classmates or friends! It also makes very little mess that needs cleaning up!
They would also look great on Easter gift baskets or even stuck to an Easter egg and would make a fun activity for any little ones that love bunnies, year round!
Will you give out Easter gifts this year?