The new year is here and things already feel like they’re speeding up here. People are back to work, others are in full holiday mode, but I’m busily getting ready to kick this year off with a bang! I’m off to the US late next week and I’m ready to jump on in and make the most of this year. To really do that I feel like I need to focus on what I want and set some dreams and goals down so that I have something I can look at when I forget what I’m working towards.
Last year I did this too, and it seemed to work well. So I’ll give it another shot, but this time with some personal goals thrown in the mix. 2014 was a great year of making my foundations solid, but now I feel it’s time to start really building on them and making something of it. This year the blog will turn 2 and will be 2 and a half by the time December rolls around again. Now this space on the internet feels like home to me, I’m so excited to really have some fun with it and with you this year. Some of my dreams and goals will be the same as last year, but some are new. Here goes nothing!
Dreams and Goals for 2015:
- Continue to build a community of people who are creating their own happy homes (and cherish that their happy homes will all look different, just like they should)
- Have more kits and fun little things that people can to to make their homes feel happier
- Build this blog into a sustainable business
- Share more organisational tips that are a little left of centre that make things easier for everyone
- Work on creating e-courses or workshops that fit well with SFAHH and are fun for people to take
- Include philanthropy in the blog and my life where I can
- Stick with quality over quantity and continue to post every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday
- Write to my newsletter list at least once a month
- Offer suggestions rather than ‘this is the only way’ and remember to share the projects that go pear shaped, or at least share how I saved them at just the last minute because what’s a good DIY without it nearly crumbling before your eyes ;)
- Speak at an event
- Share more books that I’ve read and think will be helpful, even if they might not be what people would think of reading
- Build relationships and work with brands and businesses that align well with SFAHH and are a great fit
- Offer one-on-one consulting on things that I know well and can really help people with
- Be ready to say ‘yes’ to great opportunities and continue to hold my ground and say ‘no’ when it’s not the right fit
- Go to Alt Summit and make the most of it
- Share more on social media as well as this blog, particularly on Instagram
- Remember to have fun with the projects and the content and to just be me (yes, there will be even more obscure pop culture references for you to watch out for)
- Continue sharing the cool things I find on Pinterest
- Really focus on how making memories is so much better than picture perfect and that it’s the messes made and stories that go with them that we laugh about when we’re older and less worried about perfect moments
and some personal dreams and goals too:
- Take time to really enjoy life and not just live to work (this is harder than you might think)
- Overcome my hip injury and get back to running long distances for fun and pain free
- Lift heavy things at Crossfit and have fun doing it
- Buy a car that is both what I want and what I need this has been a dream of mine for about 5 years, fingers crossed this is the year
- Make time for reading and laughing and friends
- Get closer to my vision becoming reality
- Make this the best 29 it can be
- Turn 30 with awesome people around me
This is the year that I want to really want to not only make progress but to feel like I’m making progress too. I worked hard last year to finally get a hobby that I couldn’t turn into work (running & fitness) and this year I want to really nurture both work and hobby time. It’s easy to make bold statements as January is beginning, I know, but I hope this feeling, the one where things really feel possible, sticks with me this year.
I want to not only make this a good year for me, but to help you to make this a great year for you too! I want you to know how awesome you are and that a messy house that’s filled with laughter will almost always top a living room that looks like a magazine spread (except the day they really are coming to photograph it – of course).
Let’s make this year the one where we take the leaps we’re meant to and take some time to dance like no-one is watching.
If you’re looking for me, I’m the one in the corner tucking her fears in her handbag and quietly whispering ‘geronimo’ before taking on the world.
2015, let’s do this thing! x