Since we’re 2 months in to this new blog, and I recently read this great post from Louisa Claire, I wanted to share some things about me that you might not know. I’ve been around social media and at other blogs for a while now, but I thought it could be fun to get to know one another here in this happy space.
In no particular order, here’s some things to know about me:
- I’m incredibly shy in person, but I love to travel on my own – I’m a bit of a contradiction (and I’ll talk your ear off once you’re not a stranger anymore)
- I don’t do things by halves – I’m either all in or all out
- I like to do things that scare the life out of me – but I take calculated risks
- I’m an indie rock lover and have been my whole life
- I chose my undergraduate degree because it had a compulsory semester abroad and because it had a University in Scotland that I could study at and I made the decision to apply for Uni whilst in Scotland
- I like to dance whilst making dinner – because it’s more fun that way
- I attempted to move half way across the world, only to realise that I belonged in Australia – and I’m glad I did (OK, most of you probably know this, but just in case you didn’t)
- I love being organised but I believe that mess isn’t always a bad thing – it shows you’re living
- I used to have my own handmade handbag business where I did everything from pattern design, cutting, sewing and all the super fun admin tasks. I started it when I was 23
- I prefer to read non-fiction books and I have a growing collection of modern business books (not boring ones)
- I had a bouncing castle and a barbecue for my 18th birthday because I wanted to be a kid for just one more day and I wanted to share it with my friends and family.
That was actually really difficult to write, so I hope it was a bit fun and that you learned something you wanted to know. Bonus points for you if you already knew them all. I also have a passion for organisation and finding ways to make the home happier – but I hope you already knew that.
Now I’m turning it over to you. Leave me a comment (or a tweet) telling me something that I may not know about you! (or something that we have in common because that’s always fun to hear!)